An allergist helps people with their allergies such as food allergies. Food allergies affect some parts of the body such as the lungs, skin, eyes, nose, and throat. When certain types of food go into your body, your immune system thinks that these types of food will harm you so the immune system will start fighting to get the food out of your system. Therefore, this will cause the body to have reactions such as rashes, vomiting, running nose, etc. The kinds of food you may get allergies are nuts, fish, eggs, wheat, tomatoes, cheese and milk. One type of treatment you can get is doing the RAST test to see if you are allergic to any type of food. Another one is just to get in a habit to look at the labels and see what you can or cannot eat.